To make the Apple and Cinnamon cupcakes, you’ll need to refer to the Vanilla Cupcakes recipe I have posted previously. I’ll do a little run through the basics, but I won’t add in any extras, it will be nice and simple! So don’t worry about me nattering on as usual.
You can use whatever apples you have at home, or happen to buy, I had Royal Gala ones at the time so used those. Tasty tasty!
What You'll Need...
100g caster sugar
2 medium eggs - beaten together
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
150g self-raising flour, sifted
Pinch of baking powder
2 apples, peeled and chopped finely
Tub of extra thick cream, or whip some double cream until it stands in peaks
Cadbury's Fudge Bar, chopped finely
SET THE OVEN TO 180C/350F/GAS MARK 4
1. Cream the butter and sugar together. Make sure it's a nice soft consistency by the end.
2. Now start beating in the eggs, a little bit at the time. If the mix looks like it's about to curdle, pop in some of the sieved flour.
3. Now stir in the rest of the flour, bit by bit, as well as the cinnamon and baking powder. If you prefer it to have a bit more spice, you can always pop more cinnamon in. Which is what I always do!
4. Now mix in the majority of the chopped apple. Use about three quarters of it, and the rest you'll need to pop in the oven.
5. The leftover apple I coated in a bit of oil and cinnamon and baked, to use on top of the cakes. So place it on a baking tray and put it in to cook too.
6. Now spoon the mixture into the cake cases. You'll need to leave the mixture in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, until the cakes look golden-brown in colour.
6. When you take the cakes out, you'll need to take the apple pieces out as well. Then leave it to cool.
7. When cool, you can put about a teaspoonful of cream on top of each one, adding the chopped Fudge and baked apple pieces. I sprinkled on a bit of cinnamon too, just to make them look more interesting.
8. Now you have gorgeously cinnamon-ey cupcakes, all autumnal and easy to bake. Yum yum yum, perfect for those cold winter nights.
Another option you could try is having the cakes warm, put one in a bowl and dab the cream on top, and the apple and fudge. Warm apple cake! What a treat.
Go bake, you lovely people!
"Eat me please!"