a blog about an Essex girl living in Swansea, chatting about baking, rowing, other bits and bobs, and some crazy teaching times in India

Thursday 18 October 2012

Because chocolate makes everything better

I'm not having the greatest of weeks, I will admit. Lots of little things that I've pent up inside, stored away for a rainy day (or a day that I hoped and prayed wouldn't ever come), have been building and building. Like a big bottle of Coke, I've been knocked around and shaken up for a while now, and someone's unscrewed the cap and all my feelings have come shooting out. Explosion like no other.


But it's good to get things out, right? I promise you, it is the answer. Storing things away in that brain of yours will do no good. Chat to someone. Write it down. Go find a hilltop and scream until your lungs are sore. Just LET IT ALL OUT. Go find your best friend and hug them until it hurts. My friends are amazing. They know I'm being a proper loser right now, getting a bit down over silly things, writing cryptic Facebook statuses, being totally detached from the real world, but they're still there for me; as completely annoying as I am at present.

I'm going to be a massive cringe and copy and paste a One Tree Hill quote. It's the one TV show I've managed to stay addicted to for the majority of its series. Partly because I'm slightly in love with James Lafferty (that really hot guy that plays Nathan Scott) but also because of all the drama and little phrases the characters come out with from time to time; they stick in my head and don't go away.

In life, if you let it, you can always come up with reasons to give up, but if you don’t, you might just find love in place you've never imagined. In a new relationship, or work, or your children. Whatever it is, just don’t give up on it, and if you don’t get it, well, you might just get something better.

That's definitely something to think about. If you're feeling a bit poo, and we all have our moments from time to time, remember not to give up. There's always something worth fighting for, there's always something to keep you busy. KEEP SMILING. 




So after all that 'I've had a depressing week, feel sorry for me' stuff, I've got a cheeky something to show you. When things go wrong, what do you do? Obviously get yourself down to the shops and buy yourself a big fat slab of chocolate. I would go so far as to call it a lifesaver. Obviously it does have its downsides - if I keep eating it in the quantity I am at the moment, I will be popping out of my jeans. And I definitely can't afford a new pair right now. But on the other hand, its good qualities outweigh the bad ones. Releases good endorphins... Tastes really good... Tastes really, really good.

So what did I do? I made some VERY chocolatey cupcakes. Cookie cupcakes to be precise. Want to try? Of course you do. I'll post the recipe later today. They are gorgeous, and I definitely will be making them again. 




Big love, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment